Thursday, May 29, 2008

Shout out to Del Taco

I can’t possibly talk about places we eat without talking about Del Taco! At lunch you can find me and my husband sitting on the patio at the Del Taco next to our work. I would say we eat there 3 times a week. I’ve been told I should be Del Taco’s “Jared”!

Del Taco has become synonymous with comfort food for me. When I can’t think of what else to eat or don’t want to think too much about figuring out points I go there.
I usually order a big fat chicken taco with no sauce, no cheese; a side of lettuce and tomato. We use hot sauce as dressing for the salad. I like the BF taco because it is tasty and more filling than a regular taco. With the “salad” it makes for a nice lunch that’s not too many points (I count it as 5).

I took this picture at my desk yesterday so I could show you the side of lettuce and tomato. The pic doesn’t look that great (sorry DT, cell phones aren’t really meant to be cameras I guess!) but it is yummy!

When I had more points I would vary the menu more – now I try to stick to 5 pts. Here are some of my other favorites:

* taco – no cheese
* tostada – no cheese add tomatoes (or a side of pico de gallo)
* Caesar side salad – no cheese, dressing on the side
(I use the hot sauce and a tiny bit of the dressing)
If I really want to save points – no tortilla strips too!
* Chicken soft taco – no cheese, no sauce, extra lettuce and tomatoes
* Small bean & cheese burrito – no cheese, add lettuce and tomatoes

These are just the things I have ordered. Lets us know if you have WW friendly favorites we can try!

2 comments:

The Blakes said...

I love the del carbon chick tacos... 3 points each MMMM! (They are small but I get two of them and its very filling for only 6 points total) Oh and the veggie works burrito 11 points. ( This burrito is so big that I only eat 1/2 of it!)

Holly said...

With as often as we all go to DT you'd think we'd run into eachother there more often.
But seriously, your success is keeping me modivated too.
Thanks! :) Love you lots