Monday, June 2, 2008

3 Strikes you're out!

I have three things to talk about today!

1. Angel Stadium – I found that this is not the greatest place to plan on eating when on a low fat plan!!! Holy cow almost everything there was out of my point range! But we went to the game for my Son-in-law’s b-day so what do you do! I ate a chicken taco – no cheese, which should have been good but since I don’t know how it was made I’m not sure. Luckily we managed to escape the peanut and ice cream points by taking a bag of popcorn and a bag of vegi’s from home. I really like snap peas and have become obsessed with having them as a snack. I also really like my popcorn….probably too much because I want to eat the whole bag because it tastes so good. I start with the lowest fat microwave popcorn I can find. After I pop it I put it in a big bowl and spray Pam or some other kind of cooking spray, add cayenne pepper, cinnamon and Splenda (or Sweet n Low). Mix it up and you have spicy/sweet popcorn! Watch out though it’s so good you’ll want to eat the whole bag too!

2. California Fish Grill - http://www.cafishgrill.com/home.html It’s a yummy fish restaurant. It’s quick and good, you order as you come in then servers bring it to your table. You better like fish though, they have chicken but for the most part it is fish! We have tried the salmon, halibut, ahi tuna, mahi mahi, and white roughy. We order it Cajun with rice. Hopefully you have someone to share with because it’s pretty big portions – or take home half for later! We order a salad and a side of grilled zucchini. For the salad dressing I sometimes get ranch on the side. They have a salsa bar so I get a little cup of salsa and dip my fork in the ranch (just once), mix with the salsa to make a mostly salsa dressing. The fish comes with cole slaw, rice and bread. I don’t eat the bread or cole slaw (sometimes my hubby does). Two things I haven’t tried but would like to are the tacos and the seared Ahi salad.

3. Super Mex – okay last thing! Lunch at Super Mex on PCH in Huntington Beach. I’ve never been to that one and I really liked the mural on the wall! (Not that that has much to do with WW points!) They have a light menu and it was really good. The entrees include low fat cheese and green rice that’s supposed to be lower calorie. I haven’t found the nutrition information for it yet so I can’t be for sure on the points. We had a chicken taco and a chicken enchilada w/no cheese (even though the cheese is low-fat we are used to not having it so no since adding on the points!), green rice and pinto beans. If you like it spicy be sure and put their salsa! Just be careful about the chips they serve before the meal….my advice don’t eat them – save your points for the good stuff!

2 comments:

Da Bergs said...

YEAH!!! Keep the tips coming! Hey, I did 12 girlie push ups this morning!!! THANKS!

Deb said...

Thanks so much for the hints on eating out! Love them!